Upper School Experiential Learning
The Colorado Springs School embraces the concept of learning by doing, both within and beyond the classroom. Our Upper School students also travel throughout Colorado, the United States, and the world on curriculum-based seminars designed to reinforce academic skills and teach life lessons through firsthand experience.
Through our focus on strong academics supported by experience-based learning, students:
- Learn subject matter more thoroughly and more deeply, and retain information longer than in traditional, passive learning environments.
- Are active participants in a relaxed, focused atmosphere.
- Gain a sense of responsibility and independence, while also learning the importance of collaboration.
- Discover how to apply learned information to new settings.
- Learn about themselves, others, and the world.
- Develop the confidence that comes only by doing.